Saturday, September 24, 2011

Popstiggles

Ok you got me, they are really called Popsicles. But when I first started making these, Nathan called them popstiggles and it sort of stuck in my house. They are my go-to way for using up leftover fruit or yogurt before it goes bad!

You will need some kind of Popsicle tray to make them. I actually have two, a classic old school mold that my mother-in-law gave me, and a dollar store version. Anything works.

With your overripe fruit, make a puree in the blender. Use fruit juice, a little at a time, to help make puree smooth if needed. You can either add the yogurt into the puree and blend, or layer yogurt and fruit puree in the molds. Freeze overnight.

You can use all kinds of things for the base, yogurt smoothie juice blends, pudding, jellow...I once used my leftover homemade cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving layered with fat free vanilla yogurt. Perfect combo!

No comments: