Friday, August 24, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Protein Squares

It took me a few tries to get this right, but I finally found a homemade bar I like. These are pretty dense, and pack a ton of protein in a couple bites. The  fall flavors do a great job hiding the taste of the protein powder which is a plus for me. This is a very dry batter, so I recommend an electric mixture to get it combined.

4 TBSP coconut flour
3/4 cup vanilla or unflavored protein powder (I use soy)
2 each tsp cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 TBSP sweetener of choice
4 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredient and set aside. Combine wet ingredients in mixer bowl until smooth. Slowly add dry to wet.

Spread mixture into a greased 8x8 glass baking pan. Bake 30 minutes. Let cool, and cut into 9 squares.

With artificial sweetener, my bars have approximately:

125 calories
4g fat
82g cholesterol
250mg sodium
3g carbs
1.5g fiber
1.5 net carbs
1g sugar
20g protein
64% Daily Vitamin A
21% Daily Iron
8% Daily Calcium


 

5 comments:

Bethany said...

3/4 what protein powder?
Sounds yummy!

Bethany said...

3/4 what protein powder?
Sounds yummy!

Marie Panciotti said...

Soy or whey is fine!

Bethany said...

3/4 scoop? Or cup? Thanks!

Marie Panciotti said...

So Sorry! 3/4 CUP